Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Since It's Lent

0 comments
 
My big brother Dave, who we also refer to as "The Chef" and any variation on that, had a day off. He works on the Strip at Joel Robuchon in pastry and he loves food so much that he cooks a feast for us on his days off. In honor of Lenten promises and such, we ate fish.


Lots of fish.

Like I said, he makes a feast and we usually end up having a dinner party and cooking lesson on the fly. This was no exception. Poppy (Chris' dad) was over, my parents dropped by, and Chris P. came over after eating a steak dinner since he still apparently wasn't full yet.

Chris learned how to fillet fish for a fish and mushroom stew and fish and chips. His final exam:

 
 
I usually learn while Chris watches, but we switched. It's good for him to know something I don't in the kitchen. Like all men, he was especially excited about learning how to make a beer batter for the fish and chips. I always forget to take pictures of the food and by the time I remember, all that's left is an empty plate. But believe me, it was delicious and will be better documented in future.
 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff