Wednesday, October 2, 2013

DIY Wrapping Paper

0 comments
 
I was wrapping Dianna's presents and realized we were out of wrapping paper. Well, not really. We have Christmas wrapping paper, but that obviously doesn't count in this situation.



Having just finished a harvest time wreath craft with the kids, I had a pile of paper and paint in front of me and figured, "Why not?" So I wrapped up the gifts, even using some kraft paper from a recently received package, and painted away.



I alternated polka dot colors using the ends of hot glue gun sticks and glittered the fresh color for some sparkle, finger painted hearts, and added ribbon I had laying around.

Lots of possibilities. Those glittered dots are going to be my staple this Christmas. And for the kids, I'll measure a stretch of craft paper out and let the kids have at it. It's a great personal touch for any occasion. Dianna glimpsed the gifts after I finished painting them and was so excited about the hearts and glitter.

"Are they for me?" she asked excitedly.

I tucked the presents under my arm and, walking away, said, "We'll see."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff